Subscribe

Powered By

Free XML Skins for Blogger

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Also, as well and too

Clause + as well

Clause + too

Subject + also +verb

Subject + be + also + complement

1. As well and too usually come at the end of a clause. They mean the same.

example :

She not only sings, she play the piano as well.

We all went to Bandung, John came too

Mr. Hendry not only single, he was not yet have a girlfriend as well.

2. Too and as well are opten used in ‘short answers’.

Example 1 :

A: ‘Sabrina is very beautiful’.

B:’I think so too’.

--

A: ‘ I have got a stomachache’.

B: ‘ I have as well’.

In very informal situation, we often use ‘me too’ as a short answer.

3. We usually put also before the verb

Example :

I am cleaver, and I am also strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment